Friday 7 October 2011

Hotmail password troubles...?

I'm kind of mad right now because Microshit is really shittin' with me. I haven't used my HotMail account in a few weeks, and I've forgotten my password. I went to hotmail.com to log in, I typed in my ID, and told them that %26quot;I forgot my password.%26quot;



Next, I get to a page where I apparently %26quot;need to type your Windows Live ID and the characters in the picture below.%26quot; So I do that and click continue.



Then, it tells me that password reset instructions will be sent to me by email at myemailaddress@hotmail.com. Now, as I hope you can see here, Microshit is sending me password reset instructions at the address to which I forgot my password. What the **** are they thinking? I went to their help page, and the instructions read something like this:



%26quot;Reset your password

If you forget your password, you must reset it before you can sign in to Windows Live ID sites and services again. You can reset your password by sending yourself a password reset e-mail message or by providing location information and answering your secret question.



To reset your password by requesting a password reset e-mail:

On any Windows Live ID site or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.

Verify your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and then click Continue.

Select Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail.

In the list, select the e-mail address where you want the password reset e-mail to be sent, and then click Continue.

On the confirmation page, click OK.

When you receive the password reset e-mail, click the link in the e-mail to reset your password, and then follow the online instructions.%26quot;



Problem with the instructions above is that there is no list of e-mail addresses where I want the password reset e-mail to be sent. There is no such option. It just tells me that it will send the password reset email to my hotmail address, which I cannot access.



%26quot;To reset your password by providing the answer to your secret question:

1) On any Windows Live ID site or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.

2) Verify your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and then click Continue.

3) Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.

4) In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select your state, and then type your ZIP code or postal code if you鈥檙e prompted to do so. In the Question area in the Secret Answer box, type your answer to the question.

5) Click Continue.

6) Enter and confirm a new password, and then click Continue.

If prompted, enter an alternate e-mail address and click Continue, or click Skip to bypass this step.

7) On the You've changed your password page, click Sign in to Windows Live.%26quot;



Again, these instructions describes options that Microsoft does not give me. I have no way of clicking %26quot;Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity%26quot; (see: Step 3). There is no such option anywhere.



So now I'm stuck with a HotMail account to which I don't know the password. However, Microsoft has been helpful enough to send an email with instructions to reset my password. That email has been sent to my HotMail account. I honestly have not seen stupidity like this in a long time. I especially wouldn't expect it from a company like Microsoft, on a product like HotMail, which must be used by a lot of people. What the **** was going on in their heads when they thought this up? How can I receive email in at an account to which I don't know the password?



So how can I use this account again?
Hotmail password troubles...?
I believe you may not have setup your profile on setup password reset information through another email account. This setup is found in Options -%26gt; Manage Your Account -%26gt; Password and PINs.



If you have already done that, you may like to check your other emails to see if the new password has sent to any of your emails.



If you have tried and still in vain, I suggest to you to disconnect this account as it may seems that someone may have hacked this account.
Hotmail password troubles...?
You might have some luck using the password reset tool link at this page:



http://hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp



Not sure how to answer a question here, though.

Report Abuse


iv got the same problem