Friday 7 October 2011

How do you get your credit report "marked" that someone may attempt to fraud you?

The HR dept. at work has been compromised and a lot of employees information, including my driver's license #, SS# and other personal information were stolen. Who knows what is going to happen with it - maybe posted on the internet somewhere. The company offered a year free for some credit report service but I don't think this is enough - sounds like the compnay only sends you a few reports a year - by then somebody has already stolen your identity. I have tried to find info on the big 3 agencies with no luck - phone numbers listed result in nothing but a computer generated operator helping you to order your credit report for a fee or %26quot;this number has been changed...%26quot;. Is there a way to contact the big 3 credit reportng agencies and have my report marked that someone has stolen my information and may attempt to commit fraud? Can I argue with my company about the shoddy offer for one year of reporting? they screwed up - I should get more than that!
How do you get your credit report %26quot;marked%26quot; that someone may attempt to fraud you?
Yes, I had to do that. What I had to do was write the 3 credit reporting companies and state what was going on a put a fraud alert. I believe that I was actually able to get a hold of one of the companies at the time-but they probably have all gone automated. I would go to your bank and see if they can help you get in contact with the companies.
How do you get your credit report %26quot;marked%26quot; that someone may attempt to fraud you?
You can put a fraud alert on your credit file. But you may want to freeze your credit file. There's a charge for each bureau and no new accounts will be able to access your credit info. You have to pay fees to unfreeze to allow a credit inquiry.



Experian-888-EXPERIAN (888-397-3742)

www.experian.com



TransUnion-800-916-8800

www.transunion.com



Equifax-800-685-1111

www.equifax.com